Monday, July 27, 2009

Beautiful Disaster-Curried Winter Squash Soup

Looks good, doesn't it? Sadly, it was terrible. So bad I couldn't eat it. But don't blame the recipe, this disaster was purely operator error.

This was supposed to be Curried Winter Squash Soup from The 15 Minute Gourmet, a book I reviewed back in June. The ingredient list sounds wonderful--winter squash, onion, garlic, curry powder, brown sugar, half-and-half--and the directions are pretty much just throw it all in the pot and simmer for a few minutes. How could it go wrong?

I managed.

The recipe also calls for oregano, 2 teaspoons fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried. I couldn't find fresh at the store, and when I measured out my dry oregano I had "2 teaspoons" stuck in my head.

Oops.

It was beautiful, though (don't you love my little baguette toasts? And, yes, that's thyme up on top for some green, not oregano), and I'm going to try it again because I just know it's got to be wonderful when you read the recipe right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...