Friday, August 7, 2009

Banana Pancakes

This post is a bit of a cheat since these banana pancakes are a variation on my buttermilk pancakes. But when a friend saw my post on my Facebook page that my 2 year-old and I were dining alone one night and I made scrambled eggs and banana pancakes (that I pulled from my freezer-the best kind), she wanted the recipe. I thought others might be interested, so here they are :)

Banana Pancakes

2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe banana (about 5 medium)
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil

1. Shake the container of pancake mix and measure the mix into a medium bowl. Add the cinnamon and stir.

2. Heat an electric griddle to 350 deg. (I don't grease my griddle because it's non-stick. You can grease your griddle if you need to, or if it makes you feel better.)

3. In a separate bowl (I use a 4 cup glass measuring cup), whisk together the banana, buttermilk, eggs, and oil until completely combined. Add the banana mixture to the pancake mix and use a rubber spatula to mix it all together. Stir and fold the mixture until it's well combined but still has some lumps.

4. Use a muffin scoop, or measure 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. (This batter is thick, and you need to use the back of the scoop to gently spread it out a little.) Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes and the edges start to look dry, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes over and cook until golden brown, about 3 more minutes.

Makes 16 4-4 1/2 inch pancakes

Note: All griddles are not created equal. If you find the 350 deg. setting on your griddle is too hot or not hot enough, adjust your temperature accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. I like to listen to Jack Johnson's Banana Pancakes song when we make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this banana pan cake..........
    shall try this pancake this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...